Sonoma is not all sprawling estates and elaborate châteaux. This summer, the winemakers of Eighth Street Wineries in Sonoma invite the public directly into their warehouse workspace to taste fine artisan wares.
On August 6th, 2011, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., the nine neighboring wineries will unite to for a semiannual Open House. New releases, library wines, barrel tastings, and bargains will be offered alongside gourmet food pairings.
Wine and food extravaganzas occur often in wine country, but are rarely hosted by such a committed group of winemakers--and never for such a bargain. The advance ticket price of $30 per person ($20 for wine club members, $35 at the door) includes tastings, pairings, and a souvenir wine glass. Guests park once and simply walk from winery to winery.
Eighth Street Wineries is an informal collective comprised of [winery/winemaker]:
- Anaba Wines /Jennifer Marion
- Enkidu Wines / Phil Staehle
- MacRostie Winery and Vineyards / Steve MacRostie
- Parmelee-Hill Wines and Vineyards** / Steve Hill
- Stone Edge Farms** / Jeff Baker
- Talisman Wines** / Scott Rich
- Three Sticks Winery** / DonVan Staaveren
- Tin Barn Vineyards / Michael Lancaster
- Ty Caton Vineyards / Ty Caton